Job Vacancy – Electrical Estimator
Welcome to Gilks!
Gilks (Nantwich) Ltd has a wealth of knowledge and experience gained over 50 years of trading, to ensure projects are completed on time, safely, within budget and to the highest possible standards.
We believe our proactive approach with our experienced & qualified team, from Director level to Operatives with the aid of our Quality & Safety Systems means that we provide an unrivalled quality of service.
We are of a helpful nature, and not a hindrance – our technical ability assists in the providing cost-effective design solutions without compromising quality or safety.
One of the main strengths of our Company is the culture of our people, and we are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Electrical Estimator to join our friendly, hard-working team in Nantwich.
Are you able and willing to:
- Collaborate with our established estimating team in preparing electrical estimates of values up to £1.5M?
- Collaborate with our clients to prepare tenders for Electrical installations?
- Ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard?
- Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from our Supply Chain?
- Carry out estimates using electronic packages?
- Develop working relationships with design consultants, main contractors, and clients?
If the answers to the above are a firm ‘YES’:
- Do you have experience in a similar role?
- Do you have electrical qualifications?
- Are you a confident communicator?
- Are you proficient in material take-off?
- Do you have experience working with Estim8 Extreme Software? (Training can be provided.)
- Do you have experience working with PSA Schedule of Rates? (Beneficial but not essential.)
- Are you Confident in liaising with sub-contract supply chain to ascertain and achieve compliance?
- Are you able to work autonomously, responsible for two to three enquiries at a time?
- And would you be comfortable travelling to site as required for surveys and meetings?
Salary £30 – £35k (depending upon experience), company pension and a company car.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we offer flexible working practices when possible.
If this sounds like a good match of skill and opportunity, please submit your CV and a Covering Letter, including salary expectations to: